shutterstock_518405584_nr

Precious recycling

In addition to the alluring look and fantastic crafting potential, using gold and silver can also have environmental benefits. Unlike most other materials, gold and silver can be perpetually recycled without their quality being diminished.

All the gold and 88% of the silver used at our crafting facilities in 2018 originated from recycled sources. The remaining 12% of silver originated from virgin  materials supplied by RJC-/ LBMA-certified refiners.

95% environmental saving

for every kg of recycled gold used

95% environmental saving

for every kg of recycled silver used

99% environmental saving

for every kg of cubic zirconia used

100%

paper bags & gift wrapping paper originate from wood from sustainable forestry

CSR_PPT1_oct18_recycle_004

Reducing the cost to the environment

A study conducted for Pandora by environmental cost experts calculated the cost to society of environmental damage from various materials and crafting methods, e.g. health costs associated with emissions. The study revealed that using recycled precious metals and man-made stones significantly reduces the environmental cost compared with mined materials. Recycling silver and gold reduces the environmental cost by more than 95% compared to mined metals.

CSR_PPT1_oct18_recycle_001_N21

All the gold and 88% of the silver used at our crafting facilities in 2018 originated from recycled sources.

Nickel disclosure

We always like to be transparent with consumers, which is why we disclose proper information about nickel. It is legally compliant to use the phrases “nickel free” or “nickel safe” if trace elements are within acceptable levels. There are no hard rules around this. Some companies choose to use the phrase “nickel safe” to acknowledge safe, compliant levels of nickel content versus stating “nickel free.” Doing so helps safeguard against claims from people with hyper sensitivity to nickel even within safe, compliant levels.

While copper is used as a key component in the alloys that Pandora uses, we do not intentionally add lead or nickel. However, natural occurring trace amounts may still be present. Laboratory tests prove that these amounts are well below those permitted by strict European regulations, and Pandora alloys are technically classified as “nickel free.”

Gold and silver can be perpetually recycled without their quality being diminished.

shutterstock_272924306_Shadow_CMYK

BE INSPIRED SHOP NOW